So this week was about basic theories, animal research, and brain stuff. I really liked reading about animal research the most because throughout my psychology courses many books talk about animal experimentation. I thought it was fascinating how they could condition animals to do just about anything with rewards.
I did not however think if it was for the animals' best interest. I do think that animals are useful in learning about behavior and as test subjects for testing new medication but if the animal is just being used for something useless then that is not good. As long as it has a reasonable justification and the animal isn't put through pain I'm all for it. But if something could replace the animal altogether that would be even better.
This website provides information towards why animals are used for research I liked it because it is easy to follow and the information is crisp and clear.
http://www.understandinganimalresearch.org.uk/
No comments:
Post a Comment