Monday, October 29, 2012

Insomnia

So what is insomnia for those of you out there who don't know it is basically having trouble staying of falling asleep. I never had this sleep disorder or any sleep disorder and I'm kinda glad I don't, it really does not seem fun at all. I have had my sleepless nights and I'm everything but a ray of sunshine. If this was to happen ALL the time I would lose my mind.
I have however a good experience with insomnia not personally but with a friend. He is really something. Since he can't have a good nights rest he is really irritable. Really isn't the right word lets go with SUPER irritable. It insane how people would set him off (he doesn't like people to begin with so being cranky doesn't help) he wouldn't start fights or anything, just hate their guts and glare. He also had mega dark circles. He looked like a panda, he doesn't enjoy the nickname but it's true his eyes are panda eyes. He also smoked a lot but he was always calmer after so that could be a good thing. He would also tell us how he would get up around 3 or 4 in the morning and go into the living room and his dad would be there watching a movie so they would watch movies together all night long since they both have insomnia. Even if he was sleep deprived he did ok in his classes, the only thing that seem to be affected by the insomnia was his mood but if you were one of the lucky ones that didn't irritate him then you would be able to see his awesomeness. If your special.



3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine going through that practically everyday. I mean, I have trouble sleeping too, like , even though I would be SUPER tired after a long days work, I just can't seem to fall asleep until 11 or 12. Then I wake up at 5 in the morning almost every day. Call me insane I know, but once again, if I feel this way for sleeping only 5 hours each day, can't imagine not sleeping at all. If you don't mind me asking, how did your friend learn to cope with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing you are one of the lucky ones that get's to see his awesome side. I am sorry for your friend's insomnia. It sound terrible and I am assuming it hereditary being that his father has the same sleeping disorder too. I can't imagine not be able to sleep. If I don't get my average 7 to 8 hours of sleep, you do not want to be around me. It can get pretty ugly! Only joking, but I am just not myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine also has trouble falling to sleep and wakes up several times during the night but she just stays in bed and tries to fall back to sleep and doesn't get up and walk around or do anything. So id it insomnia? Also what does your friend smoke? Because I also wondered if marijuana help people with insomnia. I have heard it makes some people sleepy but my friend has even taken sleeping pills and, even though they help her get to sleep faster, she still has a hard time staying asleep through the whole night.

    ReplyDelete